Wollundry Rotary Club, with the support of Wagga Wagga City Council, will be holding its TWELFTH Food & Wine Festival on Saturday 23rd March 2012.
It will be held in the beautiful Wollundry Precinct bounded by the Civic Theatre, Council buildings and the Wollundry Lagoon.
The Festival has rapidly become one of Wagga Wagga’s major social events, last year attracting over 6500 people. With all proceeds from the 2012 festival going to Micah House, its impact on the community is substantial. The 2013 festival will once again see the funds raised go to a worthy recipient.
The Festival’s focus will be to showcase the finest of our local foods and wines allowing local businesses to show their products and capabilities to visitors from far and wide.
For the 2013 event we will be using a similar format to 2012. We will however be extending the stallholder area by providing better power and water supplies to accommodate these changes. We will once again be including the Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre into the festival. We are proposing some exciting new attractions to further boost attendance figures with the use of this venue.
Festival hours once again will be from midday to 10.00pm.
We will continue to promote a relaxed, picnic style atmosphere with live entertainment provided throughout the day. Shade is always an issue and we are urging stallholders to bring a market type umbrella to help with shading of your stalls.
We ask that you assist us with stall allocations by making your booking as early as possible. This year we will continue with the system where you will register your site online via the festival’s website. www.waggafoodandwinefestival.com.au Here you will have a map that you will be asked to make choices from. You should then have more input as to where you would like your stall located. This will work along the lines of first in first served.
THIS BOOKING FACILITY WILL BECOME LIVE ON THE 17th JANUARY 2012 AT 10.00AM
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Applications for stalls at the Food & Wine Festival are made on the festival website www.waggafoodandwinefestival.com.au
- Online registration for stalls will be available from 10th January 2013 at 10.00AM. Stallholders are being encouraged to take up the early booking opportunity and receive the website and promotional advantages from as early as possible. After all it will cost you no more to take advantage of the longer exposure we have on offer.
- Wollundry Rotary Club recognizes the important role that stallholders play in the success of the Wagga Food and Wine festival. To that end we have valued the input received by the various stakeholders in the successful running of the festival.
- The site will again be laid out over a wider area. We understand that whilst some stalls are located in popular positions and others not so popular, we will once again be using attractants to these areas such as the weekend holiday give away prize and so on. We all agreed that this worked well in 2012 and will again in 2013. Remember, stall selection will be based on first in best dressed.
- It is the aim to have a maximum of 4 stalls having the same food product in an attempt to showcase as much variety of food as possible at the Festival. This is done to ensure the financial success of each stallholder. All food must be for consumption on the day.
- We will encourage the public to provide travel rugs and their own chairs etc. to achieve a picnic atmosphere. As we did last year we will also be providing 750 chairs and tables on the day.
- We are once again looking for food stall holders to upgrade the presentation of their food to make Wagga’s Festival a first class event worthy of our great city. For example, don’t just produce the same product you sell from your shop all week long. How about jazzing it up and making a unique festival version! History has proved that attention to this brings rewards.
- As part of our intent to upgrade the presentation of food, we are encouraging stallholders to provide plates, cutlery and “wraps” as appropriate, but should avoid the “Chinese plastic takeaway” type of container
- We are also encouraging that food be served in smaller portions that are less expensive. The intent of the festival is for people to come and try many of the foods on offer, rather than just one or two main meal sized portions. After all, this is your opportunity to demonstrate to the public what you are capable of supplying.
- If we have more applications for positions in a food category which is over-catered, we will be giving preference to applicants who have demonstrated their willingness to conform to our principles. The organisers reserve the right to refuse any stall from the festival.
- All stallholders are strongly encouraged to not only present their products, but also their stalls in a more professional manner. We are asking for quality signage and price list signs describing the product and the price.
WHAT DO I GET?
In 2013 we will once again have just the one stallholder package for FOOD STALLS. The cost to stallholders is $220.00
All stalls will have the usual 3m x 3m Market Tent and two trestle tables and table cloths. Each stall will also have a fluorescent light and a 10 amp power board. This is for low current devices such as cash tills and the like. If heavier power usage is required you will have to apply for a powered site.
Stallholders who are cooking, are encouraged to use gas cooking appliances (Bar-B-Q’s) as powered sites will be limited.
Drinking water will be available, but you may need your own container. Access to a mains tap water is limited, however the number of outlets has been increased substantially over previous years supply.
Toilets and amenities will be available on the north side of the Civic Theatre, the Civic Theatre foyer and from portable toilets located around the festival venue.
PACKAGES FOR NON WINERY VENDORS
- Stall with 2 trestle tables
- Advertising on big screen throughout the festival
- Location listing on the “Festival Map”
- Website listing with your business logo
$220.00 unpowered site. $250.00 powered site.
We see the festival succeeding through rigorous maintenance of quality of product, presentation, great entertainment and a relaxed atmosphere.
Where all else is equal, preference will be given to local and or regional producers.
Once again all stallholders must this year Comply with New South Wales Food Authority, Food Act 2003, and Food Handling Guidelines for Temporary Events 2006. These can be found via the link on our website.
A part of these requirements is that stallholders who will be using a naked flame in their food preparation should have a fire-blanket and extinguisher in their possession.
Wollundry Rotary will be the exclusive sellers of the Festival Wine Glasses, Festival Drink Coolers and Beer on the day of the event.
SOME SIMPLE RULES
- Sites cannot be transferred or sublet.
- If the festival is cancelled due to inclement weather, 50% of site fees will be refunded within 14 days of the scheduled running of the event.
- There is a “No show – No refund” policy in place
- Payment for sites is “In advance” and must be done online. This means you must pay the site fee to confirm your application in order to have your site allocated.
- In due course you will be notified of either your acceptance as a stallholder, or you placement on a standby list should the sites be oversubscribed.
- Site cancellation up to the 15th February 2013 will be refunded minus a $50.00 admin fee.
- Cancellations beyond the 15th February 2013 will receive no refund.
- Site bookings will be accepted up to the 15th March 2013.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse any application without explanation.
- As there is very limited space with most sites, stallholders who require a vehicle to be present on their stall during the festival must make special application. This can be done by contacting the stallholder coordinator, Kevin Roben on 0412 694 099. All other vehicles are to be parked off site after unloading. (This is a WWCC consent condition)
- All vehicles that are admitted to the site for the purpose of unloading equipment and produce MUST be off the site by 11.00am sharp. There will be no exceptions to this rule. If you arrive late you will have to carry your goods into your stall site.
- There will be a designated members of Wollundry Rotary “in charge” of different aspects of the Festival on the day. These instructions are to be followed. Failure to do say may result in exclusion.
- All stallholders are to adhere to the OH&S requirements that we will issue prior to the festival. This is for the safety of everyone.
- All stall holders are to maintain a current Public & Products Liability Insurance policy whilst trading at the market. Request a “Certificate of Currency” for the policies above from your Insurer. Copies of the certificates are to be posted to The Wagga Wagga Food & Wine Festival, PO Box 229 Wagga Wagga NSW 2650.
- Each stallholder is to clean up their stall area and place any rubbish in the bins provided upon the closing of the festival.
- Wollundry Rotary reserves the right to make last minute changes without notification for the good of the event if deemed necessary.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Visit the Purchase a Stall page, fill out the online application form, select your site preferences and pay your site fee.
If you want a powered site you will be required to provide us with a power requirements form. This will assist us in providing you with the correct amount and type of power you require. At past events this has been our biggest headache. We ask that you take care when completing this form, and if you are not sure please ask. If you arrive on the day with a different requirement to that which you have requested we may well not be able to accommodate you. This will be at your peril should it occur.
You will be required to Post the Electricity Requirements Form along with your insurance certificates of currency to, The Wagga Wagga Food & Wine Festival, PO Box 229 Wagga Wagga NSW 2650. Or email them to Kevin Roben at email@example.com.
For further information make an enquiry or contact the following relevant person:
For Wine Stalls;
Wine Stallholder Enquiry or call Mark Sayer on 0428 692174
For all Other Stalls;
Food / Other Stallholder Enquiry or call Kevin Roben on 0412 694099